This modular station uses our patented segments and has excellent accuracy to produce quality parts trouble-free. This is an economical solution for a cell that produces the same part day in and day out. The final size is adjustable by loosening three screws, turning the outer ring and tightening the screws back up.
Now you can have fast cycle times, quick tooling changes, manually adjustable diameters, and safe reliable operation! These capabilities have never before come together in such a compact unit.
• Bottom-Up/Open Top design keeps moving parts out of reach, has better access and a smaller footprint.
• Bushing size adjustments via built-in buttress thread.
• Short stroke (less than 1″) to complete operation.
• Patented tooling design has extended wear features.
• Tooling is universal to all of the CAE swager designs.
• Twist lock access plate allows easy access for tooling changes.
• An integrated lubrication system extends tool life.
• Faster Cycle Times
This station can operate at three to five seconds. Part geometry and other variables can affect the cycle time to consistently make great parts.
• Faster Tool Changes The part-specific tooling is accessed by a twist and lift the cover. You’ll just remove one set of segments (they are a single unit) and drop in another. In less than five minutes you’ll change out the tooling (segments) and have the diameter tuned to the correct size.
• Safer Operating Tool No pinch points are exposed to the operator. Our Bottom-Up design eliminates most pinch points and keeps the rest out of reach.
• Extreme Accuracy Proven repeatability of plus or minus .035 mm with a CPK of 1.67.
• Automation Ready The Bottom-Up design has another benefit! The top of the unit is open, so many options are available for automating the system to combine it with other processes.
• Lower Labor Costs When you combine the faster cycle times with the easy access for loading or the use of automation, your labor costs will be less. This will put $$$ on your bottom line!
• Less Floor Space The modular design that CAE uses for this station and most of our stations keeps the size in a 16″ x 24″ footprint.
• Lower Tooling Costs Our segments are a great value to start with, but when you consider that we have never had a set wear out, they are an exceptional bargain.
• More Consistent Tool Changes The tooling design is a simple drop-in method. The segments are self-aligning. The size adjustment involves simply twisting the outer ring. There are even lines that show how much you are changing the final diameter.
• Cleaner Running Tooling Our Open Bottom design allows the dirt and crud to squeeze out of the tooling without affecting the part diameter.
• Increased Tool Life The CAE-patented segment design, along with the integrated lubrication system, has given our tooling the distinct advantage of never wearing out! We have even done extensive research to find the best grease made for our tooling.
• Cycle time: Approximately 5 seconds*
• Minimum bushing size: 25 mm dia. x 25 mm tall; 1″ dia. x 1″ tall
• Maximum bushing size: 82.6 mm dia. x 95.3 mm tall; 3.25″ dia. x 3.75″ tall
• Swage size repeatability: plus or minus .035 mm / .0014″ **
• Force capability: 30 ton / 266 Kilo Newtons
• Overall station size: 40.6 w. x 60.9 d. x 96.5 h. cm; 16″ w. x 24″ d. x 38″ h.
*Faster cycle times are achievable but will affect size repeatability. Additional stations in a work cell with a swager may lower throughput cycle time.
**Size repeatability is dependent on the bushing geometry and materials.