The CAE Large Step Feeder orients and feeds cylindrical and spherical parts. Parts up to 3” in diameter can be fed depending on the depth of the step. This is accomplished by lifting randomly oriented parts from the hopper using the motion of the steps to lift and orient the part as it is lifted from step to step. The part is then discharged onto an optional conveyor or inline vibratory track and taken to the next operation.
The simplistic design and construction of the step feeder produces a more cost effective, reliable, and low maintenance piece of equipment that can be redeployed as product lines come and go. CAE not only supplies step feeders to OEM’s and end users, we use them to feed our own standard and custom designed machines.
• 18-inch wide steps
• Steps are available in 3/8, ½, ¾, 1, 1¼ and 1½ inch depths
• Steps are guided using linear ball rails for smooth, quiet operation.
• Rack and pinion synchronization eliminates binding during lifting and lowering of steps. Makes use of permanently lubricated bearings for maintenance-free operation.
• Heavy-duty sealed cam follower and hardened steel cam plates lift and lower the steps.
• Inverter duty motor with a variable frequency drive is used to power the steps. This allows the speed of the steps to be adjusted.
• Removable covers allow access for maintenance.
• 2 cubic foot hopper
• Hopper empty sensor
• Side-mounted electrical enclosure
• Cycle Time (Up/Down): 1.5 seconds fixed
• Hopper Capacity: 132 cubic inches (standard)
• Power Requirements: 110 VAC, 1-Phase, 15-amp service
• Overall Size: 13” wide x 28” deep x 28” tall
• Color: Powder-Coated CAE Blue (steps and hopper bottom are black oxide.)
• Shipping Weight = 380 lbs./173 kg.
• Step Width: 9 inch (minimum)
• Adjustable top step allows the feeding of parts from the maximum part size capacity of the step feeder down to very small diameters. Benefits: - eliminates the need to buy a step feeder based on a smaller, more limited size range - can be redeployed more easily because of the greater size range flexibility - eliminates the possibility of feeding more than one row of parts at a time - easy adjustment (no tools required) - step can be adjusted down to a step width of zero
• Custom paint color
• All stainless steel construction
• Cycle time (up/down) can be modified to match your production requirements
• Exit Conveyors
◦ Inline Vibratory Track
◦ V-Belt Conveyor
◦ Flat Belt Conveyor
• Part Escapements